Saturday, April 4, 2009

12 ROUNDS vs TAKEN



This type of movies are predictable. Good guy vs. Bad guy. Nothing special. We know what's gonna happen next. But what's refreshing about "12 Rounds", the latest John Cena outing, is that it has solid action scenes, that were filmed for real, thus giving the movie an extra edge.

If u have the time, can have a go @ the cinemas.
My personal rating :3 out of 5 stars

Bryan: You don’t remember me? We spoke on the phone two days ago. I told you I would find you.
People couldn’t seem to be getting enough of it as its North American box office returns only dwindled by miniscule amounts week after week. This is after an already incredible run in Europe. (TAKEN was one of the biggest movies of 2008 outside of North America.

Truth be told, I may not have been taken in by TAKEN but I will say that it was a good time. Even if your idea of a good time is not exactly fathers rescuing their daughters from international bad guys and avoiding misguided semi-automatic gunfire from five feet away by jumping dramatically behind couches. It’s no Bourne though.

My personal rating :4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment